The Accelerated and Shared Growth Initiative for South Africa (ASGI-SA) is a comprehensive government plan that was launched to ensure the continuation of South Africa's vibrant economic growth. One of the key elements of this plan is to recruit skilled foreigners in certain key areas.
The Immigration Act of 2002 allows for the Minister of Home Affairs to consult with the Minister of Labour and the Minister of Trade and Industry in order to identify areas of scarce, critical and special skills required by the South African economy each year. A list of professional categories and occupational classes are then identified and work permits made available.
The most recent list identifies almost 35,000 such positions across 53 different categories. These positions are available to be filled by formally qualified foreigners who have a minimum of five years practical experience.
Anybody who has formal qualifications in any of the above areas and a minimum of five years practical experience can apply for a scarce skills work permit.
- You need to have your formal qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). All information regarding this can accessed on SAQA's website, www.saqa.org.za
- If your qualification certificates are not in English they must be translated by a sworn translator into English.
- You might also have to obtain registration with the relevant South African professional/trade organisation, board or council if your field is one where such permission is required. To find out whether your specific profession falls within this category please consult the list of professional bodies websites.
- Complete application Form BI-1738. You will need to submit all the documents listed under Part A and Part E of the form. The completed form must be submitted to your local South African Mission (if you are outside SA) or at a regional office (if you are inside South Africa).
- You will have to pay an application fee equivalent to ZAR 1520.
- The quota work permit application will be processed and finalised within a period of 6-8 weeks.
- Successful candidates will be required to report to the nearest Regional Office of the Department of Home Affairs within 90 days after having entered the RSA.
- The quota work permit remains valid for as long as the permit holder is employed within the area of expertise and permit holders are required to report to the Department of Home Affairs on an annual basis in order to confirm that they continue to be employed in their designated professions.
- If you have entered South Africa on a tourist visa you will not be able to apply for a quota work permit inside South Africa as this is in contravention of the Immigration Act.
Use our free service to find out whether you could qualify for this visa. Fill out the assessment form. Make sure that all information provided is authentic in order to make a proper assessment.
For more information please write to us at info at isaglobal dot in.
For any complaint write to us at complaints at isaglobal dot in.
Read what our Customers say...
The fastest service I have encountered. They had a very efficient and quick approach towards my visa for Canada. The express entry service is genius! I received my visa very quickly and other immigration formalities were taken care of in a timely manner as well.
Amazing experience with ISA Global. They helped me with processing my VISA for Canada.
SANDEEP KUMAR VERMA
ISA Global helped me work land a job in Leading shopping mall chain in Australia. Now I'm living the dream. Thank You ISA Global
ISA Global has a high reputation around the country and they are best in class agency which can even help people who have zero knowledge about the abroad education and career. From career counseling to exam preparations and visa process, everything is dealt at one place where success rate, customer satisfaction are very high.
ISA Global offered a friendly assistance during my immigration process. I am completely satisfied with their services.
It was a great experience with ISA. Got my visa for Australia on time.
ISA is doing a very nice job. Got my visa for Canada on time.
Thank you ISA Global for your good services. My dream come true just because of your help.
This company is great! I was in a terrible place looking for services,I can across websites with extravagant fees and then I found them. Their service is not too expensive and they are on point.
Latest News for South African Immigration
Work permits have undergone big changes in South Africa
The department of Home Affairs South Africa released the White Paper for South African Migration. The paper introduced several new changes in the immigration procedure.
The White Paper aims to improve the management, security, and influx and out flux of foreign and local nationals within South Africa and the current regimes thereof.
The Points-based system introduced by SA government has made it easier for the foreign national families to find their ways to immigrate to South Africa. The Paper proposes that a “points-based” system be put in place for migrants who hold skills, potential investments and/or have business interests within the Republic. Thus, we are adopting a more strategy based and flexible approach. This system may be adjusted considering the qualifications, experience, capital availability and willingness of the transfer of skills from foreign nationals.