Important Announcement:

The management at ISA was planning its annual fee hike with effect from April 1, that is start of the new financial year. The hike of the tune of 20 percent has however been deferred given the continuation of the pandemic and increase in cases across India. The fee increase is likely to now take effect from July 1. Do note that once the service fee increases, past proposals (at lower fees) will not be entertained. We thank you for your consideration and support.

When an applicant applies to become a permanent resident, a police certificate needs to be included at the appropriate stage.

A police certificate is a statement that you do not have a criminal record. Police certificates are different in each country and territory. They may be called:

  • police certificates,
  • good conduct certificates,
  • judicial record extracts

Who needs a police certificate?

In general, all people who are 18 or older need to get a police certificate. Candidates may need a police certificate from any country or territory that they have spent six months or more since the age of 18.

If a candidate needs a police certificate from a country or territory and:

  • is currently living there, the police certificate must be issued within six months before the application
  • has lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after the candidate last lived in that country or territory

If the certificate is in a language other than English or French, the police certificate must be sent along with a translation done by a certified translator.


In most cases, the candidate must contact the police or government to ask for a certificate. The candidate may have to:

  • provide information or documents, and
  • pay a fee
  • Please note: Processes are subject to change from time to time. Please consult our team to confirm the process details before taking any decision.