IRCC designates several organizations to provide Educational Credential Assessments (ECA) for degrees and diplomas earned outside of Canada. An ECA is required to apply for several Canadian immigration programs and is usually a mandatory first step.
The ECA is a three-step evaluation process:
- Submit online application
- Submit hard copy documents
- Await report from assessing authority
To ensure that evaluation is completed without delay, candidates must follow the document requirements as specified for their country of education.
- After you receive confirmation from a courier service that documents have been delivered, it takes few days for the authority to review the documents and update the online account.
- Your documents must be received and accepted by the authority before an evaluation can be completed.
- In case a verification is required, the authority will send copies of documents to the academic institution that issued them with a request that they authenticate the documents. The evaluation will be placed on hold until the institution replies.
The ECA is valid for several years from the date of issue.
ISA provides guidance for the ECA process. The ECA process requires a fee which candidates needs to directly pay to the relevant authorities.
Please note: Processes are subject to change from time to time. Please consult our team to confirm the process details before taking any decision.