Canada Visitor visa or Tourist Visa for Canada is a temporary Canadian immigration option which allows to visit the country for a maximum of 6 months. The visa requirements for a Canadian tourist visa are simple, and the process, facilitated by ISA Global is quite efficient.
A single entry Visa lets you visit Canada once for up to six months, but after expiry you have to come back and apply for a fresh visa. A multiple entry visa is valid for 10 years or until one month before of your passport’s expiration date, whichever is earlier.
Canada Visitor Visa Process
- Read complete information about Canada Visa requirements or seek help in understanding this requirement;
- Download the forms and checklist relevant to your Canada Visitor Visa Application;
- Fill out each application electronically and print;
- If you are unable to attach the support documents to your Visa Application, then download a waiver form and submit that form. Failure to submit the waiver form may result in refusal of your Canada Visitor Visa;
- Pay the Visa Fees as directed by the Canada Visa Office Website;
- Visit your local Canada Visa Office along with your completed Visa application forms, passport, photographs, all supporting documents or waiver form and a copy of your payment receipt;
- Once you reach the Canada Visa office, pay the service charges as directed by the Visa officer and get a receipt. This receipt contains a unique tracking number that helps you to track your Visa Progress online.
Canada Visitor Visa Processing Time from India
From July 1st, 2016, the processing time for the Canada Visitor Visa has become around 25-30 days. But Canada Visitor Visa processing time from India is approximately 22 business days, it can go beyond this timeline in few cases. The processing time is lesser in case of Canada Visitor Visa, other visas such as Study Visa, Work Visa or the Permanent Resident Visa may take longer.
Canada Visitor Visa Requirements
Always give correct information about yourself, don’t fake anything or else you might get rejected by the Visa Officer. Medical Insurance is advisable, if you are going for a longer duration, as the Medical Facility for Visitors is really high.
Few points to remember before applying for the Canada Visitor Visa
- Visa officers always want to check if you would return back to India after your visa expires. If they think you are not getting back even after the expiry, then they might reject your visitor visa. You have to show documents that support you would return back to India no matter what;
- Property and employment status and family connection evidence have to be shown to the visa officer. This minimizes your visa rejection chances;
- A sworn Affidavit signed by your family or friends is a good evidence of your returning;
- Your invitation letter must be detailed enough, but not too brief. It should mention your relation with the person in Canada and his PR or Citizenship status;
- Income Tax returns of the last three years;
- A Bonafide letter from your employer stating that they have approved your leaves and have no issues with your trip to Canada. This letter must be typed on your company’s letter head signed by your Human Resources Department;
- If possible then book your flight tickets in Advance and attach with your application, it makes a huge difference to your approval;
- If possible include your marriage certificate too, to show a strong relation with your home country;
Extend you stay with your Canada Visitor Visa
You apply to extend you stay on your Visitor Visa before it expires. If you apply to extend your stay in Canada before expiry of your current visa, but your visa expires before a decision by the authority, you still hold the Temporary resident status intact. This status of your visa is known as implied status.
Becoming a Permanent Resident of Canada
Canada Permanent Resident Visa or Canada Express Entry program has become popular these days. A lot of people are applying for Canada PR.
If you wish to stay in Canada as a PR or the Permanent Resident, then you must leave Canada and get back to your home country and apply from there, except for few special cases that are listed below:
- If you are a refugee or a protected personnel;
- Your spouse is a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident;
- If you fall under the category of Canadian Experience Class;
- Or, if you are a live-in caregiver of a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident.
Assessment for Canada Immigration Visa
ISA Global offers advice and guidance for best possible documentation. We assist and guide you at each step till you get your visa.
- Expert advice on complete process stage wise
- Visa documentation
- Provide you the document checklist stage-wise and assisting you with the requisites and the alternatives upon receiving the signed service agreement copy
- Provide documents samples and assist you with inputs wherever necessary
- Corresponding with the department, on your behalf, if required
- Post landing, traveling and settling assistance
ISA Global provides your Eligibility Assessment for the Canada Startup Visa for free. Authentic information is required if you want to find out if you qualify for this Visa or not. Fill out the Assessment Form and make sure you fill in all the details properly and correctly.
Assessment for Canada Visitor Visa
Read what our Customers say...
They helped me through each and every step of the Express Visa process. I would not have been able to do it on my own.
Great assistance by ISA staff. They were professional while resolving my concerns.
All my freind have gone to CANADA. I also wanted to go. Thank You isa global!
Thank you ISA Global for your good services. My dream come true just because of your help.
We know you for your good services ISA Global. Kudos!
I want to work in Canada
SANDEEP KUMAR VERMA
Satisfied with their services. Quick response to the queries and friendly guidance is really appreciable. Good job!
It was a great experience with ISA. Got my visa for Australia on time.
Latest News for Canada Immigration
Canada to remain pro immigrants in coming future
A study conducted by the Conference Board of Canada said that immigration is going to improve the Canadian work scenario in coming future. The report states that the status quo would be best for improving real gross domestic product per capita, but would have the smallest impact on alleviating Canada’s economic and fiscal pressures.
"Immigration has a small effect on domestic workers. As such, it does not appear likely that higher levels would have an adverse impact on wages and employment rates in Canada,” it added.
In the present scenario (based on report data analysis), the GDP growth would rise at an average 1.85% between 2017 and 2040. If the immigration levels were increased to 1% and 1.11% of the total population, the GDP growth would rise by 1.94% and 2.05% respectively.
Visitors can work without a work permit in Canada
There is a general hypothesis that visitors are not allowed doing any work in Canada. If they want to do so, they have to take a work permit before that. But, the Canadian immigration department said, that a visitor can perform certain tasks while staying on a visitor visa. These tasks include remote works, volunteering work (charity etc.) or business related jobs.
Recently, Canadian immigration department has waved the green flag to film producers, who are employed by foreign companies to do commercial shoots in Canada. It says that any essential personnel can work in Canada without work permits.
The professionals who don’t require a work-permit in Canada are - performing artists, clergy, athletes, convention organizers, public speakers, emergency personnel and more.