Nova Scotia is one of Canada's three maritime provinces, and one of the four provinces that form Atlantic Canada. Its provincial capital is Halifax. Nova Scotia is the second-smallest of Canada's ten provinces.
The Nova Scotia Express Entry stream selects highly skilled individuals who wish to live in Nova Scotia permanently. The Nova Scotia Express Entry stream is aligned with IRCC Express Entry intake system. The applicant will need to create an Express Entry profile within Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s online Express Entry system AND submit a complete application to Nova Scotia Office of Immigration through our online application system.
To apply an applicant must:
- have a profile registered in Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s Express Entry system;
- score minimum points or more on the stream’s six selection factors;
- have at least 1 year of skilled work experience in a target occupation;
- have a Canadian high school credential or equivalent;
- prove language ability in English by taking the English test
Occupations in Demand
The following occupation list represents professions where there may be employment opportunities in Nova Scotia. This list can change from time to time.
- Financial auditors and accountants
- Other financial officers
- Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
- Administrative assistants
- Accounting technicians and bookkeepers
- Civil engineers
- Information systems analysts and consultants
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- Computer network technicians
- User support technicians
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- Licensed practical nurses
- College and other vocational instructors
- Paralegal and related occupations
- Social and community service workers
- Financial sales representatives
The Nova Scotia program is closed most times in the year. It opens for short periods of time and often without any intimation. It is hence imperative to be ready with an application even when the program is not open. A wait and watch strategy cannot work for this program since there is limited time available for filing.
Use our service to find out whether you are eligible for a particular country. Fill out the Free Canada Visa Assessment Form. Make sure that all information provided is authentic in order to make a proper assessment.
For more information please write to us at info at isaglobal dot in.
For any complaint write to us at complaints at isaglobal dot in.