The EB-5 investor visa category was first introduced in 1990 with the aim of bringing foreign capital into America and rewarding the qualifying alien investors with the right of becoming U.S. permanent residents.
To get this type of visa, a foreigner must invest from $500,000 or $1,000,000, depending on a geographic location, in a U.S. business enterprise that would create and maintain ten direct full-time jobs for the U.S. workers.
On October 6, 1992, the EB-5 Immigrant Investor Pilot Program was established to attract more alien investors. The minimum investment amount was lowered from $1,000,000 to $500,000; the less restrictive employment creation requirement started including not only direct, but also indirect jobs; the need to manage business on a daily basis was eliminated.
To participate in the EB-5 investor program and to obtain the green card through it, one must make an investment in a commercial project aimed at generating employment and boosting American economy. People of all walks of life can apply for the program, because, unlike other employment-based visas, EB-5 visa does not require from you to be employed by an American company, or to have certain educational level.
The only mandatory condition you must fulfill is to invest $500,000 or $1,000,000 in the U.S. economy and to create at least ten full-time jobs for the qualifying U.S. workers.
Advantages of EB-5 for Family
- Quickest and most reliable way to get a green card and U.S. citizenship: 8-10 months to obtain the green card and 5 more years for the citizenship VS. 8-10 years waiting period for Indian citizens to obtain a U.S. green card and 5 more years to get a U.S. citizenship.
- You can bring your immediate family members with you (a spouse and unmarried children under 21) who will enjoy the freedom of living, studying, working, or retiring in the U.S.
- Better education: There are many outstanding private and public colleges and schools across the states, where domestic and international students can get knowledge. All Ivy League institutions, including Brown University, Columbia University, Harvard University, and Yale University, are located in America. This fact speaks for itself: the best quality education is available to students living in the U.S.
- Lower education cost: International students pay more than twice as much for their education in the U.S. colleges when compared to the in-state students. International students cannot legally work in the United States, whereas students who arrive to the U.S. as EB-5 dependents (or investors) can legally work in America.
- "Melting pot" of cultures: People of all ethnicities and religions enjoy the freedoms offered to them after immigration to the USA. If you move to America, there will be no restrictions in practicing your usual lifestyle. You can choose to live in a community speaking the same language as you and maintaining the traditions of your country.
- Higher income and more affordable cost of living than in most countries. American citizens and permanent residents enjoy salaries that are higher than in many other places around the world. In other words, your skills and knowledge are priced at a higher rate in the U.S., so your work has a bigger value.
- High market demand: America offers endless opportunities to entrepreneurs. Most U.S. businesses open the doors to profitability. Market demand continuously reaches ultimate highs in America, with consumers used to comfortable lives and always willing to buy various services.
- Climate: Weather and environment in the United States are versatile, so you can always choose to live and start a business in a State with warm or cold climate, depending on your likings and preferences.
Use our free service to find out whether you could qualify for this visa. Fill out the assessment form. Make sure that all information provided is authentic in order to make a proper assessment.
For more information please write to us at info at isaglobal dot in.
For any complaint write to us at complaints at isaglobal dot in.