Speech Pathology Association of Australia
Speech Pathology Australia is the national peak body for the speech pathology profession in Australia.
A speech pathologist is a specialist qualified to provide a variety of services to people with communication and swallowing difficulties that may be present across the lifespan.
The Association's main objectives include:
- To prescribe, guide and govern the clinical and ethical standards of members in their practice of speech pathology
- To facilitate and promote opportunities for members to pursue knowledge and develop professionally
- To disseminate professional positions to key stakeholder groups including: the government, consumers, referrers and the public
- To advocate for and respond to the needs of clients with communication and swallowing difficulties
- To promote timely access to services
- To represent the interests and views of members of the Association.
Click here to know more