Australian Podiatry Council / Australian and New Zealand Podiatry Accreditation Council Inc.
The Australasian Podiatry Council is responsible for the preparation of national policies and clinical practice, representation of podiatry in Australia to government and industry bodies, research within the discipline and support for
continuing professional development.
The Council also manages the following:
- Preparation of national policies and clinical practice guidelines for the profession
- Publishing and distributing a bi-monthly magazine
- Production of other specialist publications including the Infection Control Guidelines and the Australian Podiatry Manual
- Public relations programs, including PR resources and media releases
- Liaising with federal government departments and lobbying as required on issues of concern to the profession
- Representation on industry bodies including Allied Health Professions Australia (AHPA)
- Organisation of a national scientific conference every two years and other specialist national seminars as required on topics such as practice management
- Assisting Member Associations with particular programs as required
- Research: Providing secretariat and fundraising support for the Australian Podiatry Education and Research Foundation (APERF)
- Working with the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare to organise a regular labour force survey on a national basis and conducting practice fee and cost surveys
Click here to know more